About County Government
Morris County is nestled amid rolling hills, broad valleys and glittering lakes approximately 30 miles northwest of New York City. It is New Jersey’s seventh largest county.
Morris County NJ is home to world headquarters of name brand firms, discount houses, major shopping areas, chain stores and food markets.
Morris County is the home of three universities, a two-year County College, and a County Vocational Technical School. NJ Transit serves thousands of county commuters daily.
- What is county government?
- How many counties are there?
- Do all counties run the same way?
- What do Morris County Freeholders do?
- What are the authorities, commissions, boards and study committees?
- Are there other elected or appointed officials at the county level?
- How does the county operate on a day-to-day basis?
- In general, what services does the county provide?
- What services are mandated by law?
- What other vital services does the county provide?
- Where does Morris County get the revenue to provide these services?