East Hanover Avenue Corridor Traffic Study
The East Hanover Avenue Corridor Traffic Study analyzed the existing and future traffic along East Hanover Avenue (650) from Speedwell Avenue (202) to Whippany Road (511). This 2.4 mile corridor traverses Hanover, Morris Plains, and Morris Township in Morris County.
Current congestion and anticipated redevelopment in the corridor made it critical that transportation and land use be evaluated simultaneously, collaboratively, and in close coordination between and among the county and the three municipalities.
The goal of this study was to analyze the existing and future traffic operations along the corridor, and develop the necessary infrastructure improvements to reduce congestion and increase safety, while considering the needs of all users. The report provides comprehensive recommendations for the corridor across the three municipalities and will allow the County to negotiate pro rata contributions for transportation improvements with developers within the corridor.
- Ex. 1 – Study Area of Traffic County Locations(PDF, 715KB)
- Ex. 2 – 2011 Existing Condition Traffic Volumes(PDF, 38KB)
- Ex. 3 – Travel Time Results(PDF, 11KB)
- Ex. 4 – Multimodal Survey(PDF, 684KB)
- Ex. 5 – East Hanover Avenue Crash Summary Tables(PDF, 14KB)
- Ex. 6 – Sim Traffic Model Calibration Results(PDF, 13KB)
- Ex. 7 – 2011 Existing, 2015 No Build, 2035 No Build Capacity Analysis Results(PDF, 22KB)
- Ex. 8 – 2011 Existing, 2015 No Build, 2035 No Build Queuing Results(PDF, 12KB)
- Ex. 9 – Population and Employment Forecasts(PDF, 13KB)
- Ex. 10 – Trips Generated by Proposed Sites(PDF, 39KB)
- Ex. 11 – 2015 No Build Traffic Volumes(PDF, 38KB)
- Ex. 12 – 2035 No Build Traffic Volumes(PDF, 38KB)
- Ex. 13 – 2015 Alternative Scenarios Capacity Analysis Results(PDF, 20KB)
- Ex. 14 – 2015 Alternative Scenarios Queuing Results(PDF, 17KB)
- Ex. 15 – 2035 Alternative Scenarios Capacity Analysis Results(PDF, 21KB)
- Ex. 16 - 2035 Alternative Scenarios Queuing Results(PDF, 17KB)