The Housing Authority owns and manages seven housing complexes which include 423 units of Public Housing, Section 8/515 Housing and Congregate Housing. The Housing Authority also manages the Housing Choice Voucher Program, the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program and the Housing Choice Voucher Home Ownership Program.
- Three family complexes consisting of 129 units are located in:
- Four senior complexes consisting of 294 units are located in:
- Morris Township
- There are 19 Congregate housing units in Morris Township.
- The Housing Choice Voucher Program, also referred to as the Section 8 program, provides participants with affordable housing in the private market through rent subsidies.
- About 634 families are housed with Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers plus an additional 25 with Mainstream Vouchers.
- The Housing Choice Voucher Home Ownership Program assists Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher participants and FSS participants with the opportunity to become homeowners. For additional information and eligibility criteria, please call the housing office.
- The Housing Authority of Morris County does not provide emergency housing. You will have to contact your local shelters for this housing service.
- All Housing Authority Properties are completely Smoke-Free Effective August 1, 2018.