We provide Morris County Identification Cards for Morris County residents ages 18 – 54 who may not have a driver’s license or just want another form of identification. These cards are used for identification purposes only and may not be accepted by certain agencies that require a state ID (such as a driver’s license).
To obtain a Morris County Identification Card, you must prove your citizenship or legal status by presenting one (1) of the following:
- U.S. Birth Certificate (must have official seal and filing date from the municipality or state in which you were born)
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Naturalization Certificate/Certificate of Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Card
In addition, you must prove your identity and Morris County residency by presenting:
- a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
- a New Jersey Non-Driver Identification Card
- OR two (2) of the following:
- Valid Library Card
- Voter Registration Card
- Auto Registration
- Work ID with recognizable photo
- Social Security Card
- Health Insurance Card
- PLUS a recent mailing (within 6 months) to your home address in order to establish Morris County residency
Visit our office any time from 10:00am – 2:00pm, Tuesdays or Thursdays, or call for an appointment. We are located at the Morris County Courthouse, 56 Washington St., Morristown, NJ.
Application Form(PDF, 173KB)
For more information on obtaining your Morris County Identification Card, please call 973-285-6600.