Are you interested in becoming a Poll Worker?
Your community needs you! By staffing a polling location, you will:
- Earn $300 for working on Election Day and $21.44 per hour on in-person Early Voting days.
- See our great democracy in action, firsthand, and enjoy the feeling that comes with contributing to your local community, your state and your country.
Be a part of your democracy – become a Poll Worker! Poll Workers are trained to aid voters on Election Day, guide them through the voting process, and answer any questions voters have. They are a vital part of every election!
Residents of all ages, including college and High School students, are encouraged to apply.
Hours & Rate of Pay (Primary or General Election)
- Report to your polling location at 5:15 am.
- Polls close at 8:00 pm on Election Day.
- You will receive $300 for the day.
- Poll Workers who pick up and/or drop off the poll books & election supplies at the Municipal Clerk’s Office shall receive an additional $12.50.
- You must attend training provided by the Board of Elections.
- All Poll Workers must attend training classes at least once every two years.
- When new Laws are introduced, mandatory training may be required for all.
- New Poll Worker classes are held at the Public Safety Training Academy located at 500 West Hanover Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07960.
- Training Class is approximately two hours long and held 2 - 3 weeks prior to the Primary and General Elections.
For your convenience, we have created 3 ways to apply: