This position is an entry level clerical position within the County Adjuster’s Office that requires excellent organizational and communication skills and understanding the importance of confidentiality. The successful candidate should be a team player with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and be self-motivated. The work involves working with the public, members of the Judiciary and their staff, as well as community health providers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Preparation of time sensitive legal documents concerning the admission and/or commitment of individuals to private county and state psychiatric hospitals;
- Scheduling of court hearings
- Assist with other duties of the Adjuster’s Office
- Including the investigation of residency status and ability to pay for hospitalization
- Organization and daily filing of confidential healthcare records; and general administrative tasks including working with other County departments
This position requires a working knowledge of Word, Excel and having the ability to understand and implement other programs utilized within the County.
Morristown, NJ 07960