The Morris County Public Safety Academy is seeking a candidate for the position of Clerk 1. The successful candidate should perform routine clerical work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Duties are performed using well-established operating procedures • Perform routine, clerical work of a varied nature; data entry, scanning, answering phones, filing and other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of office routines, equipment, and practices after a period of training.
- Ability to comprehend established office routines and department regulations.
- Ability to organize assigned clerical work and develop effective work methods
- Ability to understand, remember, and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to perform tasks accurately within prescribed time frames.
- Ability to work effectively with associates, superior officials, and members of the public concerned with the work of the department.
- Ability to sort, index, file, and pull varied types of materials using an established filing system.
- Ability to operate and perform routine maintenance on office machines and other equipment.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units after a period of training.
The successful candidate should have strong computer skills (i.e., Word, Excel) and have the ability to learn other operating systems. Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position.
500 W Hanover Ave
Morristown NJ 07960