Brief Description of Job and Division/Department
The Office on Aging, Disabilities, and Community Programming Office on Aging, Disabilities, and Community Programming, which provides services and connects Morris County Residents who are age 60 and older, an individual with disabilities, a Veteran, or a Caregiver of a Senior with community services and resources, is accepting applications for a clerk 1.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ability to understand, remember, and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to perform routine/repetitive tasks, compare numerical/verbal data, and select appropriate information for forms.
- Ability to perform work requiring constant/close attention to clerical and numerical detail.
- Examples of work: Receives, screens, reviews and verifies documents.
- Reviews and checks assigned reports, applications, and other documents for corrections and completeness; refers problems to a lead worker or supervisor for resolution.
- Opens, time stamps, sorts, numbers, and distributes mail.
- Maintains prepared mailing lists. Receives applications, documents, forms and fees; screens, sorts and assembles this information for further processing.
- Assembles materials for distribution.
- Fills in and checks form letters, circulars, and forms as directed.
- Provides general, routine information in person and over the telephone; refers complicated or non-routine inquiries to appropriate staff.
- May enter and/or retrieve information on a computer terminal.
- May assist in requisitioning, storing, and distributing office supplies.
- May transfer information onto forms, form letters, cards, envelopes, labels, charts and transmittals.
- Prepares routine reports or assists in the preparation of reports by gathering data, tabulating results, and/or preparing simple charts.
- Maintains records and files.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Checks and compares for completeness various types of documents such as vouchers,
• Applicants must be able to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in Spanish and English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. • Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook • Must posses advanced telecommunication skills
Department and Division
Human Services: Aging, Disabilities & Community Programming
340 West Hanover Ave
Morristown, NJ 07962