Office on Aging, Disabilities, and Community Programming offers serval resources to the County's Senior population, including but not limited to care management services for Seniors and their Caregivers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides referrals to other agencies for additional services.
- Encourages residents to become self-supporting when possible.
- Provides assistance to residents within the scope of agency functions.
- Identifies and obtains services for residents having extraordinary needs beyond the scope of agency functions.
- Enlists the assistance of the resident's family, friends, and other social service agencies.
- Explains the objectives and functions of the community service program to residents.
- Prepares reports of program activities.
- Establishes and maintains essential records and files.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree. NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience in community relations work involving the promotion of local community resources or field work in a social service or public assistance program on a year for year basis. Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey. Preferred Skills: • Licensed or certified social worker • Registered nurse • Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree, or higher, in a health- related field or behavioral science field, and one year equivalent of compensated work or internship experience with the elderly or physically disabled in an institutional or community setting preferred
340 W. Hanover Ave
Morristown NJ 07962