Brief Description of Job and Division/Department
The Morris County Correctional Facility is seeking per diem Nurses (Registered – RN or Licensed Practical Nurses - LPN) to provide nursing care to inmates.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Under medical direction, provides nursing care and treatments to inmates
- Assists physicians with examinations of inmates and notifies supervisor of any changes made by physicians.
- Carries out medical and therapeutic treatments ordered by treatment staff.
- Carries out routine prophylactic procedures including immunization activities.
- Prepares and maintains daily medical records of inmates including dispensing and recording of medication and treatments ordered and given.
- Collects specimens to be used in laboratory analyses.
- Provides first aid in instances of sudden illness or accidents.
- Contributes as a member of the team in the determination of treatment goals; participates in and involves the inmates in goal planning sessions.
- Counsels inmates concerning their medication by utilizing medication fact sheets.
- Assists in preparing accurate and complete records.
- Maintains records and files.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Previous nursing experience in a correctional facility preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work nights, holidays and weekends.
- Must provide proof of COVID vaccination prior to first day of hire.
Registration as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of NJ.
Resumes and cover letter should be sent to the attention of Warden Chris Klein
Department and Division
Morris County Sheriff’s Office/Morris County Correctional Facility
43 John Street
Morris Twp. NJ 07960