Morris County Employment and Training Office is seeking candidates for the position of Employment Counselor/Case Manager - WFNJ Program. This position provides client service support to WFNJ participants (General Assistance/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) in accordance to WFNJ rules and regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Conduct client intake, determine work readiness of clients through assessment and evaluation.
- Provide assistance to clients through the development of an Individual Responsibility Plan (IRP), Comprehensive Social Assessment (CSA), and other critical documents for client review and signature.
- Ensure that clients have the appropriate and required mix of activities to meet WFNJ work requirements.
- Refer to work activities and determine the need for other supportive services.
- Provide career and employment counseling. • Document pertinent information on client progress in counselor notes.
- Maintain confidential, thorough, documented files on clients.
- Process timesheets.
- Follow-up and monitor client participation in required work activities.
- Coordinate with One-Stop Career Center, Social Services staff and other community agencies and WFNJ service providers.
- Recommend sanctioning action for clients not in compliance with WFNJ required activities.
- Attend Fair Hearings as required.
- Represent Employment and Training Services at meetings and other functions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College degree / social services or equivalent
- Previous social / human services experience
- Knowledge of technology and software proficiency
- Demonstrated experience in PC Office software
- Familiarity with WFNJ and One-Stop Career Center Programs, systems and services
Department and Division
Human Services-Employment and Training Services
Phillipsburg , NJ 07865