Description of Job and Division/Department
Under direction, a Field Representative, Health Education, conducts the field and office work involved in carrying out specific projects in one or more health education programs; does related work as required for the Department of Law & Public Safety Division of Public Health.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of the principles of public health.
- Knowledge of the current public health issues and the types of services needed to address them.
- Knowledge of the methods used to collect and analyze data.
- Knowledge of methods used to conduct studies and surveys.
- Ability to assist in the planning and organization of a specific aspect of an assigned health project.
- Ability to oversee the activities of volunteers and community aides.
- Ability to conduct field trips, surveys, and studies.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those interested or involved in the work of the unit.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Ability to prepare reports and correspondence.
- Ability to maintain essential records and files.
- Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Health Education, Community Education, Nursing, Public Health, or related field. A certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) credential or a baccalaureate degree in one of the aforementioned majors which permits admittance to the CHES examination is preferred. Experience in public health emergency preparedness a plus.
Department and Division
Law & Public Safety: Health Management
County of Morris, Division of Public Health
P.O. Box 900, Morristown, NJ 07963-0900