The Department of Employee Resources, Division of Labor Relations is seeking a full time Labor Relations Assistant to support the Manager of Labor Relations in the gathering, interpretation, administration and analysis of labor related data, contracts and agreements. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, precise, motivated, flexible and self-directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in researching, creating and completing surveys for outside organizations as well as for internal use i.e. Compensation
- Schedule meetings and hearings and prepare correspondence accordingly
- Maintain log of grievances and correspondence and update labor relations lists
- Responsible for entering and compiling data into spread sheets for negotiations
- Assist in preparation and summary of reports and in obtaining information as needed
- Copy and track contracts and documents
- Manage Outlook calendars for the Labor Relations Manager and the Director of Employee Resources
- Maintain data, records and files
- Knowledge or ability to promptly obtain an understanding of the various problems encountered in establishing and maintaining effective public sector labor-management relations, contract negotiations, and collective bargaining agreements..
- Knowledge or ability to promptly obtain an understanding of theory, practices and procedures of personnel in the public administration and civil service areas.
- Knowledge or ability to promptly obtain an understanding of public personnel administration
- Ability to apply, interpret, and read provisions of laws relating to personnel and labor-management relations matters and rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to apply, interpret, and read financial, personnel, and technical problems involved in developing and executing a labor relations programs and procedures.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to maintain professional behavior in a highly confidential setting
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resources, Public Administration, Industrial Labor Relations or Finance.
Minimum of One (1) year experience in labor relations preferably in the public sector or as a union or industrial relations representative which shall have involved employer-employee relations, contract negotiations and collective bargaining.
Department and Division
Employee Resources- Labor Relations
10 Court St
Morristown, NJ 07960