Brief Description of Job and Division/Department
Under direction of the Housing Managers, the Leased Housing Specialist will conduct initial interviews for applicants and recertification interviews for tenants/participants of both the Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Interviews applicants and tenants, gathers and verifies information, ensures compliance with PHA policy and determines appropriate rental amount based on HUD guidelines.
- Completes necessary paperwork to issues new leases, contracts, payments to landlord, etc.
- Candidate must have the ability to read, write and understand English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- Bilingual highly desirable (any language).
- One year experience in a housing or social service industry processing applications.
- Must possess the ability to meet and work with people in a positive and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and computer skills.
- Associate's degree.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Basic math skills.
99 Ketch Road
Morristown NJ 07960