Brief Description of Job and Division/Department
The Morris County Library is seeking 3 part time Library Assistants for various shifts to perform a variety of routine non-professional library tasks; does other related duties as required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assisting and directing patrons in person and by telephone
- Retrieving items from the shelves
- Checking items in and out for circulation
- Working at two service desks
- Stepping up on a step stool
- Carrying books and pushing book carts will be required
Successful candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills, effective problem-solving skills and work well with the public. Working knowledge of computer functions, the ability to learn library programs and ability to work in a collaborative environment are essential.
Department and Division
County Administrator- Library Services
30 East Hanover Ave
Whippany NJ 07981