The County of Morris is seeking a qualified candidate with understanding and experience in planning and GIS to work in the Office of Planning and Preservation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in the administration of the Morris County Open Space, Recreation, Farmland and Historic Preservation Trust Fund Programs
- GIS mapping and data analyses for the County’s Preservation Trust Fund programs, Long Range Planning and Land Development Review sections
- Assistance in the development of Planning Studies
- Knowledge of traditional land use as well as environmental and preservation planning issues a plus
- Ability to do occasional field work/site visits as necessary to support various planning initiatives
- Strong Arc GIS skills, including but not limited to presentation map creation, data maintenance and analytical maps. Mapping and GIS support for the various departmental programs.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work independently and with a team under minor supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite