Performs a variety of routine plumbing related tasks for the various building locations under the jurisdiction of Morris County Buildings & Grounds.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision develops a working knowledge of standard tools, materials, methods, practices, occupational hazards, and safety precautions involved in performing routine general plumbing such as maintenance and less difficult tasks involved in installation of plumbing facilities;
- Works with various hand tools and the more simple machine tools common to the trade; may be called on to do other types of general maintenance work; does other related duties as required.
Examples of Work:
- Repairs and maintains gas, water, and waste disposal pipes and facilities
- Installs the less complicated facilities and fittings
- Troubleshoots common malfunctions and makes emergency and permanent repairs
- Clears stopped up drains, pipes, and facilities using a plumber's snake or other device
- Repacks faucets and valves. Installs washer kits
- Repairs leaks
- Installs new parts
- Measures, cuts, reams, and threads pipes
- Repairs and replaces steel, cast iron, soil, and copper pipe and fittings
- May cover piping and fittings with asbestos or other compositions
- May make simple plumbing tests on completed installations
- Cleans tools and equipment
- Works from simple sketches or work orders
- Maintains simple records
- Candidate shall be required to report for snow removal during the winter season
Knowledge of standard tools, materials, methods, practices, occupational hazards and safety precautions in performing general maintenance and repair work. Candidate shall possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
10 Court St, Morristown, NJ 07960