Brief Description of Job and Division/Department
This role serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the organizations website(s), handling a range of responsibilities that may include web design and development, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure sites align with the goals and objectives of the County.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the County’s website(s).Develops and maintains internet and intranet portals, forms, and structures in accordance with the County’s needs; collaborates closely with the Office of Communications and Digital Media and other departments/divisions as needed.
- Encourages and facilitates consistent, creative, and unified web design across the County’s websites.
- Collects and analyzes web analytics and similar data; identifies opportunities to improve search engine optimization (SEO), time on site, web traffic, and other relevant metrics.
- Maintains and documents ownership of the County’s internet domains.
- Assists employees with use of company websites through one-on-one support, user guides, and training sessions.Ensures compliance with County policies, procedures, and ethical standards; software licenses; and applicable state and federal laws and regulations including data security, privacy, and intellectual property laws.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience. Preference with website management, analytics, design, and SEO best practices and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science preferred) required.
- NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional experience as indicated on a year-for-year basis with thirty (30) semester hour credits being equal to one (1) year of experience.
Preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn web content management systems (e.g. WordPress), applications, and tools used by the County.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other Productivity Applications Suites.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
Department and Division- Information Technology
30 Schuyler Place
Morristown, NJ 07960-5193