Brief Description of Job and Division/Department
The Morris County Office of Information Technology is seeking an experienced self-motivated IT professional for a Systems Analyst position in the Office of Information Technologies (OIT) Workplace Technologies group. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a broad range of IT Systems Analysis requirements. The candidate will be responsible to remain current with information technologies, analysis techniques, models and best business practices.
The Workplace Technologies group is responsible for supporting the full range of the County of Morris primary business applications, both vendor-supplied and those developed in-house. Responsibilities will also include customer requirements analysis as well as developing and maintaining Web applications, MS Access applications and MS SQL databases.
This position requires that the candidate is available to work full time at our Morristown location.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Required Core Competencies/Experience:
- Working knowledge of MS SQL and MS Transact-SQL (T-SQL).
- Web development using MVC architecture, ASP.Net, VB.Net, Entity Framework, Crystal Reports, JQuery, and JQuery Data tables.
- Knowledge of MS SQL database administration, including MS SQL Server installation, database design, creation of database backup jobs and SQL Server security.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System commands and controls.
- Knowledge of the full suite of Microsoft Office 2016/2020/O365 applications, including proficiency in MS Access for maintaining existing databases.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, change directions and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team as well as independently.
- Preferred experience working with the UKG/Kronos Workforce Central product is preferred.
Examples of Work:
- Analysis and diagnosis of the cause of poor application performance problems that are affecting the efficiency of business operations.
- Determining the computing needs of a client and translating them into system specifications. Duties include completing evaluations of hardware and software, giving advice to internal customers about their IT infrastructure and producing cost analysis of IT initiatives.
- Development of automated solutions for manual, non-automated business processes.
- Minimum - Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science
- Preferred - Graduate degree in Computer Science
- Preferred - Certification in ITIL principles
Minimum of 2 years of experience required in either a corporate or a government Enterprise IT department with responsibilities for planning, development, deployment and operation and maintenance of Enterprise Information technologies and services.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to present complex technical topics to non-technical audiences.
*Applicant will be required to provide verifiable Transcripts.
**Applicant will be required to provide verifiable references.
Department and Division - Information Technology
30 Schuyler Place
Morristown, NJ 07960-5193