Brief Description of Job and Division/Department
Morris County’s Office of Information Technology is seeking an experienced self-motivated IT professional for a Systems Administration position in the Office of Information Technologies (OIT) Systems Administration and Data Center Operations group. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a broad range of enterprise IT services and operations that include Virtual Servers, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Hyper Converged infrastructure, and Office 365 Cloud services and technologies. Position requires the successful candidate to be available to work full-time at the County’s Morristown, NJ office location.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role
- Should be able to diagnose and resolve problems expeditiously
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users
- Proficient at administrating Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory. Experience creating and managing AD Group Policies to include adding and removing AD accounts is a plus
- Experience administrating Office 365 technologies particularly MS Exchange, MS OneDrive, and MS Teams
- Proficient in VMware vSphere and associated virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of system security (e.g., National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework) and data backup and recovery processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact with co-workers, supervisors, and customers
- Available to respond to emergency/unplanned after hours and weekend support
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, change directions and meet project deadlines
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate fluently in English
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
Minimum of 2 years of experience required supporting a corporate or government Enterprise IT department with responsibilities for administering Enterprise Information technologies and services. Successful candidate must have proven experience as a Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role. Hyper Converge technologies experience; particular HP SimpliVity and Dell/EMC VxRail Education • Required - Associates degree in Computer Science or related IT discipline. • Preferred – Bachelor of Computer Science degree • Preferred - Certification in ITIL principles Licensing/Certification Requirements: • Valid New Jersey Driver’s License • System Administration, Microsoft, VMware, or other related fields certifications is a plus • Professional designations, memberships, certifications, or specialized training will also be considered in the selection process.
Department and Division- Information Technology
30 Schuyler Place
Morristown, NJ 07960-5193