Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training
Join the more than 2.6 MILLION First Aiders who have chosen to be the difference in their community. Atlantic Health System Behavioral Health has partnered with NewBridge Services, a nonprofit provider of counseling services and educational programs, to host Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training via Zoom classes to the communities we serve.
Learn How to Support the Young People in Your Life Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adolescents ages 12-18. You’ll build skills and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to young people who are struggling. You’ll also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support.
After the Two-Day Course, You’ll Be Able to:
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges, challenges, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges
• Understand how to interact with a young person in crisis
• Know how to connect a young person with help
• Better understand trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying.
REGISTER TODAY Classes will be held via ZOOM Training will be provided by Beth Jacobson, Director of Community Response and Education, NewBridge Services Attendees must participate in both webinars.
Tuesday, September 27, 2022 | 06:00 PM
- 08:30 PM
Thursday, September 29, 2022 | 06:00 PM
- 08:30 PM