Ways to Vote
If you live in New Jersey and would like to vote, you may do so in person or via a mail-in ballot by following the instructions below.
In-Person Voting - Election Day
Before going to the polls on election day please make sure that you are registered to vote here.
If you are not registered to vote, please follow the instructions on how to register to vote.
If you are already registered to vote you are ready to vote in person:
Once you arrive at your proper polling location, find your district’s table.
At the table, you will:
- Give your name to the poll worker. If noted in the poll book, you may need to verify an address and show ID.
- If the election is a primary, and you are unaffiliated, you will have to declare your party as either Republican or Democrat and fill out a party declaration form. A poll worker will guide you through this process.
- Sign the left side of the Voting Authority pad provided by the poll worker. The Poll Worker will tear off the right side of the Voting Authority pad and give it to you.
- You will then be lead to a voting booth where you will hand a Poll worker your Voting Authority slip and be shown where you will cast your vote.
- Make your selections in the voting booth by pressing the button that corresponds with your vote.
- After reviewing all of your selections, be sure to press the “CAST VOTE” button.
- The lights on the machine will go out, indicating that your votes have been submitted.
All Morris County polling places are accessible.
In-Person Voting - Early Voting
Early voting is an opportunity for voters that have not requested a mail-in ballot to vote on a voting machine prior to election day.
This new option will use electronic poll books and new voting machines to provide voters around the county with access to their ballot at any of the seven Early Voting locations.
Find out more information on Early Voting here.
All Morris County polling sites are accessible under New Jersey’s Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). For more information about the ADA, visit http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/home/ada.html.
If you have any issues at your polling place, or have any questions or suggestions, call the Board of Elections at 973-285-6715.