Basic Computer Crimes Investigation
This one day class demonstrates to law enforcement officers the various types of computer crimes and how to conduct an effective computer-crime related investigation. This class does not include instruction on conducting a computer forensic exam. Areas include:
- Introduction to computer hardware, software and Internet terminology
- Legal Aspects of Computer Crime Investigation
- Cyber Terrorism, Hacking, Wireless Technologies
- The Internet as an Investigative Tool
- Preparation and Execution of a computer-related search warrant
The students are also exposed to the methodology of investigating computer-related crimes and how to deal with victims of such. Examples of cases involving Sex Crimes, Missing Persons/Runaways, Fraud, Credit Card Theft, Identity Theft, Terroristic Threats, Web Site Creation, Forgery, Domestic Violence and Hacking are discussed.
Other related material includes basic personal computer safety, virus protection, hoaxes and spy-ware.
Conducted by the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office
Tuesday, November 28, 2023 | 08:30 AM
- 04:00 PM
Morris County Public Safety Academy, 500 West Hanover Avenue, Morris Plains, 07950, View Map