Performance and Accountability
This 16 hour workshop is for sworn and civilian public safety supervisors and managers. This is also an excellent course for Training Officers and aspiring supervisors.
If you want to make a real difference in your agency, take a leadership role in making performance and accountability cornerstones of the organizational culture. We present a real world approach to performance management, with the firm belief that if you take a positive approach with your good employees and deal directly and decisively with those who are unable or unwilling to perform, your organization will thrive. You will take practical techniques away from this workshop that you will be able to use on your very first day back at work.
- Understand and avoid the seven supervisory behaviors that de-motivate good employees
- Speak and write the language of performance
- Clearly communicate your expectations and provide effective feedback about performance
- Effectively document performance and write objective, meaningful performance evaluations
- Appropriately establish and assert your authority with challenging employees
- Confidently confront difficult and resistant employees without losing
- Recognize and handle the manipulations commonly used on supervisors
The Instructor for this workshop is Jon “Cris” Trulsson, a 30 year law enforcement veteran and retired Police Lieutenant. Cris holds dual Bachelor’s Degrees in Law and History from the University of the Pacific. He is a graduate of the FBI National Academy (Session 227) and a graduate of the F.B.I. Law Enforcement Executive Development School, the California POST Supervisory Leadership Institute and the POST Instructor Development Institute.
Cris is a subject matter expert on performance management and accountability in the workplace. As a Senior Associate with Marin Consulting Associates, Cris trains law enforcement supervisors and managers nationwide. Internationally, Cris has had the privilege of providing training to the British Transport Police and to train with the Police Service of Northern Ireland, and the Royal Thai Police.
For more information, call (209) 452-0067
To register visit marinconsulting.us
Wednesday, October 18, 2023 | 08:30 AM
- Thursday, October 19, 2023 | 05:00 PM
Morris County Public Safety Training Academy, 500 West Hanover Avenue, Morris Plains, 07950, View Map