April 28: National Healthcare Decisions Day Webinar
Published on April 23, 2021
Wednesday, April 28, 12-1PM
Have you had the conversation about health care and decision making?
Join Your Decisions Matter, Sage Eldercare, NJ Elder Law Center at Goldberg Law Group and public health partners to get tips and tools on how to talk with your loved ones about what matters to you in your healthcare and document your wishes.
The panelists are:
- Nina Tiger, Project Manager, Your Decisions Matter, SAGE Eldercare
- Eric Goldberg, Certified Elder Law Attorney & Managing Partner at NJ Elder Law Center at Goldberg Law Group
- Heather Darling, Attorney and Morris County Surrogate
During the webinar, we will discuss why it is important to communicate your wishes about health care and decision making to loved ones and m edical professional ideally before a medical crisis occurs. We will discuss what documents are important to have, and common mistakes that are made when planning for a loved one’s long-term care.
- What is a Power of Attorney a Health Care Proxy, and an Advanced Directive?
- Where do should we keep these documents?
- Who should know about them?
- How to avoid common mistakes when planning for a loved one’s long-term care?
- Why is a will so important?
- What is a POA and why it’s more important than ever to have one?
- Who is eligible for VA Benefits and Medicaid?
- When should you set up a trust?
Pre-registration is necessary: https://tinyurl.com/uv4a3f4