About Weights & Measures
We are a unit of the Division of Consumer Affairs under the direction of the Department of Law and Public Safety. All weighing and measuring devices used for commercial purposes are required to be registered with the New Jersey Office of Weights and Measures.
We are responsible for
- Checking all commercial weighing and measuring devices
- Making random checks of commodities sold by weight and measure
- Investigating complaints of fraud on consumer items
- Testing and certifying the accuracy of all weighing devices in retail establishments.
- Conducting Random commodity audits throughout Morris County in retail, gas stations, precious metal buyers, etc.
Make a Complaint
We encourage you to be observant and aware of transaction details. We are here to ensure compliance and will investigate matters brought to our attention.
If you would like to file a complaint for us to investigate, please fill out this form: