Early Voting Information
In March of 2021, legislation was passed in New Jersey enacting in-person Early Voting. Eligible voters will now have the opportunity to vote in-person on a machine during the established period of time prior to an election.
What is Early Voting?
Early voting is an opportunity for voters that have not requested a mail-in ballot to vote on a voting machine prior to election day.
This new option will use electronic poll books and new voting machines to provide voters around the county with access to their ballot at any of the seven Early Voting locations.
Am I Eligible to Vote Early?
All registered voters in Morris County are eligible to vote early.
Visit the NJ Division of Elections site to see if you are registered.
When and Where can I vote early?
Based on state guidelines, there are seven locations throughout Morris County for early voting. Eligible Morris County residents can vote at any of the seven locations. View Early Voting locations.
Early voting for the 2022 General Election will take place on Saturday October 29 through Sunday November 6.
- Monday - Saturday: 10am - 8pm
- Sunday: 10am - 6pm
Can I still choose other voting options?
Yes. You may select, instead, to:
- Apply for a vote-by-mail ballot and return it one of the following ways:
1. Mail: It must be postmarked on or before 8:00 p.m. November 8 and be received by your county’s Board of Elections on or before November 14.
2. Secure Ballot Drop Box: Place it in one of the county’s secure ballot drop boxes by 8:00 p.m. on November 8.
3. Board of Elections Office: Deliver it in person to the county’s Board of Elections Office by 8:00 p.m. on November 8.
- Or, vote in person at your polling place, from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 8. Accommodations will be made for voters with disabilities.
NOTE: Vote-by-mail ballots CANNOT be returned to your polling place for this election.