Brief Description of Job and Division/Department
Under direction, performs field and office engineering work involved in design of roadways, traffic signals, site development, railway rehabilitation, inspection and construction of roadways, utility installation within County roadways, bridges and intersections.
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Review site development plans
- Review contract drawings and specifications for roadways, railways, bridges, traffic signals and intersections
- Prepare contractor payment vouchers
- Coordinate utility field meetings
- Maintain records and files for construction projects
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with associates, NJDOT/NJDEP , funding agencies, consultants and contractors
- Attend meetings with municipalities to discuss the overall project, construction duration, detours, staging and provide information for public information meetings
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering. One (1) year of experience in Civil Engineering required.
New Jersey Driver’s License preferred.
Department and Division- Public Works - Engineering and Transportation
30 Schuyler Place, 3rd Floor
Morristown, NJ 07960-5193