Under direction, performs the work involved in the installation, inspection, repair, servicing, and maintenance of electrical equipment, appliances, machinery, and circuits; does related work as required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Inspects and repairs electrical wiring, fixtures, appliances, motors, generators, pumps, power circuits, and controllers of machines and elevators.
- Installs, maintains, inspects, repairs, and services high and low tension power and light feeders, generating and control equipment, relays, transformers, motors, pumps, switches, outlets, signal systems, and other electrical wiring, cables, fixtures, and appliances of varied types.
- Oils, greases, and maintains in good working order electrical fixtures, appliances, and other equipment and replaces worn parts.
- Uses various types of test equipment such as ammeters, voltmeters, and ohmmeters.
- Makes emergency electrical repairs, trouble shoots malfunctions and breakdowns; inspects work in progress and completed work for defects, fire hazards or other unsafe conditions.
- Works from electrical schematics, plans, and specifications in accordance with established procedures.
- Requisitions, stores, safeguards, and properly uses electrical equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Maintains essential records and files. Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Three (3) years of experience in work involving the installation, inspection, repair, servicing, and maintenance of electrical equipment, appliances, machinery, and circuits. Applicants who do not possess the required experience may substitute a current valid Electrical Contractor License issued by the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs for the required experience.
10 Court St, Morristown, NJ 07960