The Morris County Office of Emergency Management – Emergency Medical Services (EMS) is currently accepting applications for certified and experienced Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) and/or Paramedics to join our EMS team.
The EMT/Paramedic will be responsible for leading, directing, and participating in the delivery of Basic Life Support (BLS) and working in partnership with Advanced Life Support (ALS) teams in a pre-hospital setting. Ideal candidates will remain calm under pressure, exercise good judgment, and make sound decisions while dealing with emergency situations.
Candidates should have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Candidates should have the ability to multi-task and have proficient keyboard entry skills. Bilingual applicants are highly desirable.
Position requires a minimum of 2+ years of experience in 9-1-1 EMS response, graduation from HS or equivalent, New Jersey residency, willingness to work shifts on a rotating basis including holidays and weekends. All candidates must successfully complete all aspects of the hiring process.
EMS selection process:
- Eligibility Verification – Application, resume, certification/document submission.
- Possess a current Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification issued by the New Jersey Department of Health and meet the eligibility requirements for the Emergency Medical Technician job specification as outlined by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission.
- Possess a current Healthcare Provider CPR Certification.
- Paramedics must possess a current ACLS and PALS certification.
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Qualifying applicants will be invited to attend a mandatory program orientation and hiring process overview.
- Candidates who are interested in pursuing a position with our EMS team will be contacted to complete the Morris County OEM/EMS Realistic Job Preview and will be provided an opportunity to participate in the interview process.
- Candidates who successfully complete the steps above will be invited to attend the written examination, physical assessment, and EMS-BLS multiple-station scenario-based practical examination testing date.
- Completion and satisfactory results of a criminal history background check.
Note: Applicants who possess a higher level of certification such as Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic, or Mobile Intensive Care Registered Nurse Certification, issued by the New Jersey Department of Health, are considered to have met the EMT certification requirement listed above.