Brief Description of Job and Division/Department
Provide Nursing Services to adolescents at the Youth Shelter and Juvenile Detention Center on Saturdays (flexible schedule) with possibility to work additional days/hours as needed to fill in as backup to f/t nurse.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure the mental and physical health of the residents is the top priority.
- Communicates suspected mental health issues to social services for action.
- Participates in developing effective methods of implementing doctors’ orders and communicates to personnel such orders based on resident care needs.
- Is responsible for the accurate reporting and recording of patients’ symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Is responsible for the handling, ordering, dispensing, use of, and recording of all prescription and OTC medications, and supplies in the unit.
- Will be required to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording computerized information systems used by the facility.
- Plans nursing service in the unit within the limit of existing policies.
- Perform related functions as requested by management staff.
RN preferred but will consider LPN
Department and Division
Human Services: Juvenile Detention Center
460 West Hanover Avenue
Morris Twp. NJ 07960