If you want to join a hard-working team that shares a commitment to provide top-quality communications services in a prime Northern NJ location, consider a career with the County of Morris. We have vacancies for the position of Public Safety Telecommunicators in the Morris County Department of Law & Public Safety Communications Division, a Nationally CALEA Accredited Public Safety Communications Center.
- answering 9-1-1 police, fire and EMS emergency and non-emergency telephone calls
- dispatching police, fire and EMS personnel and equipment according to standard operational procedures
- maintaining, receiving, and recording pertinent information from the two-way radio communications with police, fire and EMS emergency field units
- monitoring radio talk groups and multiple lines for all communications
- using computer terminals to access various law enforcement systems, including CJIS and NCIC.
Ideal candidates will remain calm under pressure; exercise good judgment and make sound decisions in emergency situations; have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing clearly and concisely; have the ability to multi-task; have proficient typing and keyboard entry skills; bilingual English/Spanish highly desirable.
- graduation from HS or equivalent
- willing to work shifts on a rotating basis including holidays and weekends
- prior experience using a computer aided dispatch (CAD) system is highly desirable
- successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment psychological assessment.
Candidates that possess Paramedic Certification are encouraged to apply.