The Morris County Board of Elections Office is seeking a Voting Machine Technician. Under general supervision, this full time position (35 hours per week) requires you to perform a variety of technical activities related to the proper maintenance, repair, and upkeep and testing of electronic voting machines and/or other voting equipment. Work is performed in accordance with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to the NJ elections process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Must be detail oriented and able to perform tasks as directed
- Ability to effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Able to work overtime during election cycles to meet deadlines
- Able to stand for long periods of time • Able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Demonstrate voting machine operation to elections officials
- Attend and satisfactorily complete training, as required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to read, write and speak English; bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Must have valid NJ Driver’s License
21 Highview Avenue
Cedar Knolls NJ 07927