Morris Road Paving Projects to Cover 31 Miles in 2021
Published on July 28, 2021
Projects Slated for 20 Morris County Towns
Morris County has already paved 10 miles of roads during the 2021 paving season, with another 5 miles underway. In all, Morris County will pave 31 miles of roadway in 25 projects running through 20 towns. Roads include major through routes like Columbia Turnpike and Newark-Pompton Turnpike to well-traveled rural roads like Green Pond Road.
Three paving projects are currently underway:
- Chatham, Shunpike Road from Loantaka Way to Southern Boulevard. Milling and paving are underway through July 30. Local police have set up detours, which will vary to accommodate the work.
- East Hanover, Eagle Rock Avenue from Ridgedale Avenue to the county line. Concrete and basin work is in progress. Milling and paving likely will begin the week of Aug. 8.
- Jefferson Township, Espanong Road and Edison Road from Minisink Road to Route 15: Crews are working on basins. This project will likely be completed in two parts as a result of gas main installation work proposed within the next month. Espanong will likely be paved before mid-August. Edison Road will be paved late September/beginning of October predicated on the gas main work.
Projects slated to begin by mid-August:
- Butler, Kiel Avenue
- Randolph, Sussex Turnpike
- Madison, Loantaka Way
Road paving projects already completed this year are:
- Jefferson Township, Berkshire Valley Road
- Rockaway Township, Mount Hope Avenue
- Morristown, Parsippany and Morris Plains, West Hanover Avenue
Other projects slated for 2021 completion:
- Kinnelon and Montville, Boonton Avenue
- Hanover Township, Whippany Road
- Rockaway Borough and township, Academy Street
- Dover and Randolph, South Morris Street
- Long Hill Township, Basking Ridge Road
For more information, visit Engineering and Transportation. Morris County's Department of Engineering and Transportation secures funding for road, bridge, railroad, bicycle, and pedestrian projects, as well as plans, designs, and coordinates transportation projects.
A comprehensive list of projects is located under Paving Projects.