Duties & Powers of County Planning Boards
- Adopt a master plan showing the county planning board’s recommendations for the development of the county.
- Advise the Board of County Commissioners in adopting and establishing an official county map, showing the highways, roadways, parks, parkways, and sites for public buildings or works, under county jurisdiction, or in the acquisition, financing or construction of which the county has participated or may be called upon to participate.
- Review of all subdivisions of land within the county and for the approval of those subdivisions affecting county road or drainage facilities.
- Review of site plans for land development along county roads or affecting county drainage facilities and for the approval of such development.
The Morris County Planning Board consists of nine regular members and four alternate members:
- Director of the Board of County Commissioners
- One member of the Board of County Commissioners appointed by the Commissioner Director.
- County Engineer
- Six citizen members who may not hold any other county office and are appointed by the Director of the Board of County Commissioners with the approval of that body.
- One commissioner alternate member who serves in absence of the Commissioner Director or commissioner member.
- Two alternate members who serve in absence of a citizen member.
- The Assistant County Engineer who serves as an alternate to the County Engineer
The Morris County Planning Board has four Standing Committees:
- Legislative & Municipal
- Land Development Review
- Environment & Watershed
- Long Range Planning
The duties of the four Standing Committees are described in the Bylaws.
- Christine Myers, Commissioner Director
- Stephen Shaw, Commissioner Liaison
- Thomas J. Mastrangelo, Commissioner Alternate
- Steve Rattner, Chairman
- Isobel Olcott, Vice Chairman
- Nita Galate, Secretary
- Everton Scott
- Mohamed Seyam
- Gregory Johnson
- Joseph Falco, Alternate #1
- Mark Venis, Alternate #2
- Christopher Vitz, PE, County Engineer
- Roslyn Khurdan, PE, County Engineer Alternate