MCPB Historic Members
The Morris County Planning Board (MCPB) was established by the Board of Chosen Freeholders (now known as the Board of County Commissioners) on April 14, 1937.
The first meeting of the MCPB was held on March 28, 1951. The original members present were:
- Edward A. Berg
- Robert L. Curtis
- John E. Deasey
- Joseph K. Franks
- Hon. Norman J. Griffiths
- Hon. John Roach Jr.
- Vincent J. Wemlinger
Topics discussed during the first year of the MCPB included a scarcity of building materials, flooding, building activity and the scenic beauty of Morris County. Although the scarcity of building materials is an issue that comes and goes; flooding, building activity and the scenic beauty of Morris County are topics that have been prevalent throughout the entire history of the MCPB.
Since its inception, the Planning Board has had 113 members hailing from 33 Morris County municipalities.
Below are some additional statistics about the Morris County Planning Board:
- Historically, Parsippany-Troy Hills is the municipality representing the most members (9), followed closely by Montville (8) and Denville (7).
- The longest serving member of the Planning Board was William J. Mathews from Long Hill Township. He sat on the board from January 1975 to December 2001- a total of 27 years!
- The first female member to serve on the Planning Board was the Honorable Leana Brown. She served from January 1973 to December 1980.
Historical Roster of Morris County Planning Board Members
Morris County Planning Board Membership Map