This is a list of documents you will need to apply for cash assistance. (Some of them may not apply to you or your family.) You need to bring original documents with you. We will make copies.
You must prove your identity to the worker and provide one of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Old SNAP ID
- School Photo ID
- Work Photo ID
- Voter Registration Card
You must have the Social Security Number for all household members.
You must prove where you live, unless you are homeless, with one of the following:
- Current rent receipt showing landlord’s name & phone number, your mailing address, and amount of rent
- Current rental assistance agreement Current mortgage statement and/or tax bill
- Current mortgage statement and/or tax bill
- Utility bill
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you need a current I-94 or current I-551 (green card).
Resources: Only if you are an Elderly/Disabled household with Income over 185% or if household has an IPV (Intentional Program Violation) or if the head of household is work sanctioned.
- Bank Account (savings/checking)
- Savings bonds
- Money in a credit union
- Christmas Club
- IRA, Keogh or other investments
- Property deed
- Life/ medical insurance
- Real estate (other than your home)
- Burial plots/pre-paid funeral arrangements
Income: You must show how much, how often you receive it, and where it comes from, with any of the following that apply to you:
- Your last 4 pay stubs, showing gross wages and deductions. If you are self- employed, last year’s tax records, with signatures.
- Copy of pension check
- Copy of interest statement from bank
- Letter from employer giving amount of private disability
- Child Support - copy of court order or letter from absent parent/copy of check stub
- Signed/dated letter from provider of any money you receive on a regular basis
- Property deed
- Workers’ Compensation