American Rescue Plan
Morris County anticipates receiving $95.5 million from the American Rescue Plan under federal legislation passed on March 11, 2021 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the Plan
The American Rescue Plan is intended to provide direct relief to individuals, families, small businesses, and local governments that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. (Learn more about the Plan at its official website and Fact Sheet.)
Included in the plan is the distribution of Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds, with $350 billion set aside for eligible state, local, territorial, and tribal governments to:
- Support urgent COVID-19 response efforts to continue to decrease the spread of the virus and bring the pandemic under control
- Replace lost revenue for eligible state, local, territorial, and tribal governments to strengthen support for vital public services and help retain jobs
- Support immediate economic stabilization for households and businesses
- Address systemic public health and economic challenges that have contributed to the unequal impact of the pandemic
Learn more about Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds.
Funding for Morris County
Morris County anticipates receiving $95,535,125 over the next two years:
- 2021: Approximately $47 million was received as of June 14. No funds have been disbursed because Morris County is awaiting guidelines being finalized and approved by the federal government.
- 2022: The second installment of funding is due to be received at some point during the year.
How Morris County Will Distribute the Relief
The areas and means of distribution are still under review pending the approval of federal guidelines. A general outline on Morris County’s plans is included in the following presentation:
This slideshow was presented to the Morris County Board of County Commissioners and the general public at the board’s June 23, 2021 public work-session meeting.
Download a PDF of this presentation(PDF, 701KB)
Want to learn more about the American Rescue Plan? Check out these resources: