Information for Poll Workers
This page is intended for people who have already signed up to become poll workers.
- Report to work at your assigned polling place at 5:15 a.m. on election day.
- Prepare the polling place for voting.
- Verify that voters are registered in the district.
- Demonstrate the voting process to voters upon request.
- Maintain order at the polls.
- Close the polling location at 8:00 p.m. or when all voters in line have voted.
Managing the Machines
Poll Worker Manual
New ES&S Voting Machines
These videos demonstrate the opening and closing the voting machines on Election Day. DO NOT REFERENCE these videos to open or close the polls during Early Voting.
Electronic Poll Books
Note: These videos are for poll workers ONLY. They are a small part of the training that poll workers receive.
Bulletins & Newsletters
If you are a Morris County Poll Worker, please take the time to read the following newsletters sent out by the Board of Elections.
- Nov 2019(PDF, 126KB) – Mail-In Voter Tag Process, New Training Videos
- May 2019(PDF, 345KB) – No Electioneering sign, New Challengers Information Packet
- Nov 2018(PDF, 622KB) – Challenger Rules, Mail-In Ballots, New Votes Cast 2-Hour Notice, and New Poll Worker Quick Reference Guide
- May 2018(PDF, 497KB) – NEW Poll Worker Recruitment Postcards, Primary Party Affiliation Rules, and Provisional Ballots.
- Oct 2017(PDF, 140KB) – Provisional Ballots, Towelettes, ID Required Tag, and Can’t Find a Voter’s Name
- May 2017(PDF, 320KB) – Party Affiliation Rules, Important Poll Worker Points, Revised Correction of Record and Certificate for Assistance Forms
- Nov 2016(PDF, 296KB) – Provisional Ballots, Court Order Voting, Voting Systems Ownership