Information for Poll Workers
This page is intended for people who have already signed up to become poll workers.
- Report to work at your assigned polling place at 5:00 a.m. on election day.
- Prepare the polling place for voting.
- Verify that voters are registered in the district.
- Demonstrate the voting process to voters upon request.
- Maintain order at the polls.
- Close the polling location at 8:00 p.m. or when all voters in line have voted.
Managing the Machines
Poll Worker Manual
New ES&S Voting Machines
These videos demonstrate the opening and closing the voting machines on Election Day. DO NOT REFERENCE these videos to open or close the polls during Early Voting.
Electronic Poll Books
Note: These videos are for poll workers ONLY. They are a small part of the training that poll workers receive.