Juvenile Justice/Youth Behavioral Health
Phone Number: 973-285-6850
- Plans and manages public funding for youth behavioral health and juvenile justice services
- Oversees approximately $186,000 in Morris County Grant In Aid for youth behavioral health services to community agencies
- Manages $263,636 in State/Community Partnership funding, $21,967 in Juvenile Accountability Block Grant funding and $188,728 in Family Court Grant Funding to agencies for juvenile justice services
- Provides information, referral, and advocacy to local residents in need of services
- Community initiatives include the Education Partnership and the Juvenile Firesetter Prevention Program
General Human Services
Phone Number: 973-285-6851
The Division plans and manages public funding for individuals and families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness, and coordinates and develops a continuum of housing ranging from emergency to permanent, childcare services, transportation and other initiatives, including those involved in moving individuals from welfare to work. It provides information, referral and advocacy to local residents in need of services.
The Division oversees:
- $658,701 in Morris County Grant-In-Aid for services to community agencies
- $221,855 in Social Services for the Homeless funding
- $1,846,525 childcare center based dedicated vouchers through the NJ Department of Human Services, Division of Family Development
- $1,426,154 through the US Department of Housing and Urban Development to house homeless individuals and families and provide related childcare services
Community Initiatives include an annual Point-In-Time Count of the Homeless and Project Homeless Connect.
Office of Community Development
The Office of Community Development serves the 39 municipalities of Morris County through its administration of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Community Development Block Grant, HOME Investment Partnerships, and Emergency Solutions Grant.
Visit their webpage for more information, or call 973-285-6060.