- FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX):
- Call toll-free at 1-877-FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627) (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time)
- E-mail a Map Specialist
- Chat live with a Map Specialist (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time)
- Local Officials: contact your Municipal Administrator, Engineer or Floodplain Manager
- Morris County Contact: Mike DiGiulio, Program Coordinator, [email protected], (973) 829-8124
- For answers to general flood insurance and claims questions call the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Help Center at 1-800-427-4661.
- For answers to questions from agents and policyholders who need rating assistance, have servicing questions, underwriting and/or claims complaints/concerns, call the NFIP Direct Center at 1-800-638-6620.
- You can also visit FloodSmart.gov, the official website of the NFIP or call 1-888-379-9531 toll free to learn more about flood risk, and flood insurance rates and requirements.
Disaster Resilient Building/Building Requirements
Note: Development in the floodplain is regulated and enforced at the local level. Your community may have requirements that exceed the NFIP minimum standards. Before building, please consult with your local building officials to determine any mandatory elevation and construction requirements which may apply.