Meetings and Materials
- May 3, 2021 – Partial Countywide Flood Map Meeting
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Region 2 and the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) will be hosting a virtual meeting on the Flood Insurance Study and Flood Insurance Rate Map update for 36 of the 39 jurisdictions in Morris County for Community Officials. They estimate the partial countywide flood maps will become effective in June 2022, following a Letter of Final Determination (LFD) in December 2021.
During this meeting, FEMA will provide a refresher on the mapping efforts that were completed and an overview of the new flood hazard assessment being undertaken by the DEP. This meeting is open to all Community Officials; however, Lincoln Park, Pequannock and Montville Flood Insurance Rate Maps are being redone and are on a separate track. Details to follow.
- Nov. 1, 2017 – 9 am to 11 am – Community Officials meeting @ Public Safety Training Academy – Office of Emergency Management HQ, 500 W. Hanover Ave, Morristown
- November 8 and 9, 2017 – Open House meeting with Morris County Residents:
- Nov. 8 – 4 pm to 8 pm – Public Safety Training Academy – Gymnasium
500 West Hanover Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07960
- Nov. 9 – 4 pm to 8 pm – PAL/Community Center (next to Lincoln Park Library)
10 Boonton Turnpike, Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
Since releasing the preliminary Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) and Flood Insurance Study (FIS) reports on February 26, 2016, FEMA has held the following meetings with municipal officials:
ROLL-OUT meeting – held March 1, 2016
COMMUNITY COORDINATION OFFICIALS (CCO) meeting – held March 29 and 30, 2016