County Alliance Steering Subcommittee
Meetings & Agendas
The County Alliance Steering Subcommittee (CASS) is a subcommittee of the Mental Health Addictions Services Advisory Board and is responsible for the oversight of the Morris County Municipal Alliances.
The County Alliance Steering Subcommittee is responsible for the development of an overall countywide plan specifically for the expenditures of the Municipal Alliance funds on an annual basis. The CASS is also responsible for ensuring that the Municipal Alliance programs are consistent with the fiscal guidelines and directives of the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (GCADA).
Each local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, established pursuant to section 4 of P.L. 1983, c. 531 (C26:2B-33), establishes a County Alliance Steering Subcommittee in conjunction with regulations adopted by the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse. The members of the subcommittee shall include, but not be limited to, private citizens and representatives of the:
- Local Advisory Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse
- County Human Services Advisory Council
- County Superintendent of Schools
- Existing county council on alcoholism, if any
- County Prosecutor’s Office
- Family Part of the Chancery Division of the Superior Court
- Youth Services Commission
- County School Board Association
- County Health Agency
- County Mental Health Agency
- Local Businesses
- County Affiliate of the New Jersey Education Association
- Other service providers
Functions and Responsibilities of the County Alliance Steering Subcommittee:
- Development and submission of a County Annual Alliance Plan for the expenditure of funds derived from the “Drug Enforcement Demand Reduction Fund”.
- Development of programs and fiscal guidelines consistent with directives of the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse for the awarding of funds to counties and municipalities of drug and alcohol Alliance activities.
- Identification of a network of community leadership for the expansion, replication and development of successful community model programs throughout the county.
- Coordination of projects among and within municipalities to assure cost effectiveness and avoid fragmentation and duplication.
- The County Alliance Steering Subcommittee shall ensure that the funds dedicated to education pursuant to section 2 of P.L. 1983, c. 531 (C.54:32C-3.1) do not duplicate the Alliance effort.
- Arlene Stoller
- Charlie Berman
- David Johnston
- Kelly Sallie
- Lyn Kleinman
- Steve Nebesni
- Sue Nobleman