Human Services Advisory Council
Meetings & Agendas
- January 28, 2020 Minutes(PDF, 264KB)
- February 25, 2020 Minutes(PDF, 252KB)
- March 24, 2020 Minutes(PDF, 300KB)
- April 28, 2020 Minutes(PDF, 227KB)
- June 23, 2020 Minutes(PDF, 190KB)
- September 22, 2020 Minutes(PDF, 189KB)
- October 27, 2020 Minutes(PDF, 220KB)
- November 24, 2020 Minutes(PDF, 205KB)
- January 22, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 168KB)
- February 26, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 230KB)
- March 26, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 178KB)
- April 23, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 169KB)
- May 28, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 180KB)
- June 25, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 180KB)
- July 23, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 152KB)
- August 27, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 118KB)
- September 24, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 146KB)
- November 26, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 227KB)
- January 23, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 120KB)
- February 27, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 118KB)
- March 27, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 120KB)
- April 24, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 190KB)
- May 22, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 156KB)
- June 26, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 161KB)
- September 25, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 183KB)
- October 23, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 170KB)
- November 27, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 134KB)
The HSAC meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 5:15 p.m. at the Division of Community & Behavioral Health Services (MC Non-Profit Mall), 1 Medical Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 (unless otherwise noted).
Please use the Executive Drive entrance parallel to Medical Drive. The building is on the left. Park and enter the second (middle) entrance. There is a gazebo to the left of the conference room door. This door will bring you directly into the conference room.
Mission: To review, monitor and improve county-level human service activities, services, and programs for homeless and modest income children, families and victims of abuse, neglect and abandonment.
Purpose: The Human Services Advisory Council (HSAC) is established to review county-level human service activities and to serve as the primary vehicle for local public input into New Jersey Department of Human Services decision-making.
Read our Bylaws and Fact Sheet.
Committee Structure: The Human Services Advisory Council will be appointed by the Morris County Board of County Commissioners and will render all appropriate recommendations to the Department of Human Services. Members will be appointed for one (1) calendar year, with term limitations of six (6) consecutive years. Committee leadership will be chosen by the membership at the beginning of each calendar year.
Members are appointed annually by the County Commissioners without pay.
- Shelia Carter (Staff Liaison)
- Robert Armstrong
- Jeff Bashe
- Terry Connolly
- Linda Csengeto
- Kathryn DeFillippo (Commissioner Liaison)
- Maria Fodali
- Xiomara Guevara
- David Johnston
- Joann McEniry
- Ken Oexle
- Joseph Pawelczyk
- Michelle Roers
- Rebekka Zydel
- Jane Shivas
- Sharon Yoo (Human Services Director)
“It Shouldn’t Hurt to Be a Child: Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect”
It’s reported that each year over 700,000 children are found to be victims of child abuse and neglect in the United States. For every 1,000 children in Morris County, under the age of 18, there are 31 child abuse/neglect investigations. Child abuse is a problem that cannot be ignored yet few people know what to do when faced with children being abused.
The Deirdre O’Brien Child Advocacy Center offers this presentation free of charge.