Advisory Committee on Women
Meetings & Agendas
- February 16, 2021 Minutes(PDF, 197KB)
- March 16, 2021 Minutes(PDF, 165KB)
- April 20, 2021 Minutes(PDF, 212KB)
- May 18, 2021 Minutes(PDF, 204KB)
- June 15, 2021 Minutes(PDF, 190KB)
- February 19, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 20KB)
- March 19, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 459KB)
- April 30, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 375KB)
- May 21, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 366KB)
- June 18, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 358KB)
- July 16, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 124KB)
- September 17, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 129KB)
- October 15, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 125KB)
- November 19, 2019 Minutes(PDF, 125KB)
- January 19, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 163KB)
- March 15, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 143KB)
- May 17, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 136KB)
- July 19, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 144KB)
- November 29, 2018 Minutes(PDF, 21KB)
The Advisory Committee:
- Serves as a fact finding committee by studying the needs, problems, interests, convents and capabilities of the women who reside and work in Morris County.
- Research and centralize information regarding resources, issues, events and programs which involve women’s concerns and promote their interests.
- Advises and promote reforms in the law, public policy and public attitudes towards women.
- Recommends programs which will help meet the needs of the women of Morris County in areas including but not limited to:
- Aging, Disabilities, Veterans
- Mental Health/Substance Abuse
- Youth Services
- Domestic Violence/Trauma
- Human Services
- Sexuality (Young Girls)
- Ethnic Population/Social Issues
- Workforce Investment
- Women’s Leadership
Reorganization: The annual reorganization meeting of the Advisory Committee shall be held at its first meeting after the Board of County Commissioners’ Reorganization meeting.
- Regular meetings of the Advisory Committee are held virtually on the third Tuesday of each month from 5:30pm to 7:00pm. No meeting will be held in August or December.
- Special meetings may be held at any time upon call of the Chair or upon written request of five members of the Advisory Committee. Notice, time and place shall be given in writing at least five working days prior.
- A quorum shall consist of a majority of the appointment members of the Advisory Committee present and is required for the transaction of business.
Members shall consist of 11 people, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners, who reside in Morris County, are representative of the community, and who have demonstrated interest in women’s issues.
Members are appointed annually by the County Commissioners and serve without pay.
- Karen O'Keeffe - Chair
- Joann Bjornson - Vice-Chair
- Donna Boyce
- Pam Bennett-Santoro
- Xiomara Guevara
- Carole Harper
- Elaine Muller
- Shelby Rhodes
- Eileen Specchio
- Sydney Ugalde